About Beautiful Soup
Hello, I'm Tara, and I make Beautiful Soup! Inspired by my children's food allergies, I prepare healing bone broth and to use it as a base for soup. Now I make soup for folks all over Northern Virginia with the same love and attention. My broth and soup recipes are inspired by the Weston A. Price Foundation, SCD, GAPS, Paleo, Autoimmune Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30, and the Bone Broth diets.
I'm convinced Beautiful Soup tastes wonderful because it's made with beautiful ingredients!
- Meat: I source all my meat from local small family pasture-based farms, including J&L Green Farm, Whiffletree Farm, Polyface Farm, Liberty Hill Farm, and Honey Brooks Farm.
- Vegetables, Fruit, and Herbs: During the growing season, I source my vegetables from local small vegetable farms like Vine Ripe Farm and from farm stands like Pot Town Organics and Mowery's Orchard and from my own home organic garden. I source my apples from Nichols Orchard. I purchase organic when I can't find local ingredients.
- Fats: I use traditional healthy fats like organic virgin coconut oil, grassfed butter, and organic extra virgin olive oil that passes the test for true extra virgin oil by solidifying in the refrigerator. The healthy fats help our bodies assimilate the fat soluble vitamins in the soup. I never use refined oils. I use organic BPA free Coconut Milk.
- Soaking: I prepare my organic black beans and brown lentils in the traditional way, soaking them for days to help facilitate easy digestion.
- Water: The water in my broth and soups is Berkley Springs Water.
- Salt: I use sea salt with no added ingredients.
- Containers: The containers I put the soups in are BPA free.
The resulting soups and broth is delicious, flavorful, and healthy. Taste the difference for yourself! Give it a try!